Many of my friends who have known me for a substantial period of time know that I have always been a big guy. Now, when I say big I mean it in the nicest sense of the word (and literall sense as well). I have a big personality, large stature, circumference, height, attitude - it all comes with the package. Over the years I have been saddled with a label that I have grown to despise (yet accept): Big Mike. Let me use it in an example of a conversation between a friend and their spouse:
"Who's that on the phone?"
"You know, Big Mike!"
"Oh! Tell him I said Hello."
Riveting dialog, isn't it? Anyway, after years of being referred to as 'Big Mike' and the addition of being diagnosed as a diabetic a couple months ago I have instituted a bunch of lifestyle changes. Some of the more notable ones include no more drinking soda like it's the elixer of life, more salads before meals, more physical activity, etc. Since instituting these changes, I have noticed my pants getting very loose - to the point that my belts are also too loose and I have to add notches (I am too cheap to buy a new belt just yet). All of this has culminated in going to a Weight Watchers meeting last night with my wife. I guess we get to pay them $10 weekly to use their scale. The nice thing about it was that I weighed a lot less than I thought I would on the initial weigh in... About 50 Lbs lighter actually... Which was a nice ego boost, and quite motivating to say the least.
So, I am supposed to list some of the 'weight related outcomes' that I want to achieve. These are supposed to motivate me further to stick with the program. Considering that I have always been a 'big' guy I think these may sound a bit simplistic, but to be honest I would like to do the following eight things:
1) Purchase an item of clothing with only one 'X' in front the the word 'Large'.
2) Buy a nice suit and wear it without breaking out in a sweat.
3) Ride every single roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
4) Go horse back riding and not feel I am commiting cruelty to animals.
5) Catch a pretty woman (other than my wife) in the process of checking out my ass.
6) Sit in 'Coach' on an airplane and not be uncomfortable, or use the seatbelt extension.
7) Go to my next high school reunion and have NOBODY know who I am.
8) Get seated in a reastaurant without the hostess asking "Would you prefer a table?"